A halogen light source (projector) sends a light beam onto the glass surface in the melting furnace where this beam will be reflected, collected by a receiver and evaluated in an electronic unit.
Alterations of glass level height will cause parallel displacement of the reflected light beam, which can be used as evaluation signals.
Benefits of optical glass level measurement:
- No operational license required as necessary for radiometric glass level controlling
- No mechanical wear, because touchless measuring system
- Water cooling is not necessary
- Easy installation, also for refurbishing
- No point measurement, but an area measurement across approx. 30 cm2 in order to relativize uneven surface
- Wide light spectrum – independent from glass colours